Friday, August 28, 2009

Mr & Mrs Koh

August 09 will be a time to remember. In a short 30 days, I have experience all sorts of joy and laughter.

On Aug 19, 2009, I am officially somebody's husband.
I have taken the plunge!

Helena planned a surprise for me during our ROM, with all my close friends in 'cahoots' with her! A plot one month in the making!

A boat trip, with all my close friends, plus food, drinks and the smell of the sea. A first in my life!

Reflecting on the day after, I realised that my wife pays attention to the finest details, is a better event planner than me and that she cares alot for me.

The way that my friends went out of their way for me, also shows that they treasure me a worthy friend.

I think I am blessed already...even though I repeatedly failed to strike ToTo...:-)



A lot of mixed feelings; happiness, joy, excitement, anxiousness and fear of the unknown.


Happiness and joy - to know that I am sharing my whole life with Helena, to know that someone accepts me as who I am and what I have become. Joy to know that she truly cares for me and those around me. Someone who is more tactful than I am, and more optimistic than I. Someone who told me to love myself and move on, away from the shadows of my family.

Excitement and anxiousness - Excited by the future prospects of us living a new life and starting a new family. Anxious in trying to make things perfect...gan cheong for that matter

Fear of the unknown - Nobody likes to go in the cave without a lamp, or jump into a pool of murky water. Fear of what lies in front of our future, too many possibilities.

Also fear that my stubbornness will rear its ugly head, and turn her off. Hopefully, I will be mature about things from now on. Marriage is an OJT (on-job-training)...nothing can prepare one for it. A couple only grows, when they learn from their mistakes together.

At a time when many people around me are going through divorces, marital problems and relationship problems, it is not an optimistic landscape to paint our future.

However, as what I told Helena, we need to promise and make an effort to work things out together, as a unit, and as husband and wife.

The commitment and responsibility to not only love each other, but also to be accountable for oneself and each other, plays a big part in fulfilling this promise.

'With this ring, I wed thee,
From now till the end of our journey,
I devote my life,
with all my heart and soul.'
~Don

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love her, treasure her and trust her.

Adam Ho