Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New York, New York




The Big Apple! I love it. The hustle and bustle, the skyscrapers, the neon lights, the big billboards, yellow cabs and the endless traffic.

There are so many famous things in NYC, food, places and people.

This was quite a fruitful trip as I managed to go to Liberty Island and visit the Statue of Liberty, the symbol of freedom.

Taking the famous NY subway, I made stops at Chinatown, Soho, as well as Times Square.

While walking, I also passed Madison Square Garden, CBS 's Late Show with David Letterman, Bubba Gum's restaurant, Broadway, MTV, Hersey's Chocolate shop and M&M's World.

The fickle weather was good to me for the first 2 days, though it got chilly and windy, and started pouring on the last day I was there.

Somehow my sightseeing clothing turned out to be a bit like Indiana Jones. No wonder people were staring at me...thinking I was some Indiana movie geek

Anyway, there are still so many places that I have not been in NYC. I may consider going again as a holiday destination.

Below is a list of places that I have yet to visit or activities I have not done.

1)World Trade Centre (Ground Zero)
2) UN HQ
3) Greenwich Village
4) Studio 54
5) Yankees Stadium
6) Central Park
7) Empire State Building
8) Watch 'Late Show' live
9) Watch 'Saturday Night Live' in person
10) Watch a play/stage show at Broadway


At the junction of Times Square without the Naked Cowboy


The world famous NY cheesecake, finally...


At Bubba Gum's restaurant





Outside the famous venue of CBS's Late Show with David Letterman

Still at Times Square


On the ferry to Liberty, the island not the fake ang mo supermarket by NTUC in Singapore



Isn't she amazing?



The original American Eagle

No comments: