Saturday, July 28, 2007

Johannesburg

Africa; wild, exciting, unexplored and unknown. That was my perception before I went to Johannesburg, one of South Africa's busy city.

Yes, I heard of the dangers, where armed robberies take place on a regular basis and people get killed, in this place where lives are cheap. Well, you don't really have to look that far away, take a look at JB

I made plans to do some sightseeing and I did hear about the safari tours that they have in JNB. Quite exciting stuff I thought. Although the tours were deemed to be pretty expensive, I decided that this would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience not to be missed. Armed with my USDs and African Rands, I took to the skies.

Without further ado....


3 little lion cubs on a lazy afternoon, and it's moments like this when you think they looked like kittens...until...



Then this little guy started snarling at us....scary


Which is why I am this far away from them...



Dun talk abt the bigger cats lah...:-)





Sun City's most beautiful hotel - The Lost City





Nobody crosses this bridge!



A very beautiful golf course at Sun City


Behold the only animals that we dare to come close...




This little guy seem to say 'Kiss my ass' when I took his photo...



Anyway that wraps my tour up. However, there are still a few other attractions that I didn't get the chance to go. Like Pilansberg, Kruger National Park.... where you can drive thru the safari, getting close to the animals, do dune buggy riding and archery.

Well then, maybe the once-a-lifetime experience may have to be twice or thrice-a-lifetime now...

No comments: