Sunday, May 18, 2014

A trophy after 9 years

Yesterday was the FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Hull. As a long-time Arsenal fan, I was very much excited because it has been a long time since my team has had any success in the English Premier League.

There was some event going on at the pub yesterday and then I realised they invited Arsenal Legend, Ray Palour here! I was stoked. Like any other fanboy would, I ran up and took a photo with him (with my friend Rudy)

Then I realised that he has not played for nearly 10 years! Almost about the same time Arsenal last enjoyed success! Time flies.

Long story short, Arsenal won in a thrilling 3-2 victory, in which they conceded 2 goals in the first 10 minutes. What a comeback! We made Mourinho (who by the way won nothing) eat his words.

Rudy then made a promise; to watch a live match at the Emirates by age 40. We missed the chance to go during the Highbury years, and I knew that we had to make it up. Although I had the opportunity to go England for many times in my last 7 years, I had never gotten the chance to watch a 'live' match at the stadium. I hope to plan and join Rudy soon.

Until then, we would definitely be rooting for Arsene Wenger and the lads come next season. Come on you Gunners!


No comments: