Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Letter of complaint to HDB

In case my email is ignored, here is a copy of how I lodge a complaint to HDB, when I was so frustrated and angry with poor service attitude of their staff.
_______________________________________________________

Dear Mr Tan,

I refer to the memo below. I would like to lodge a complaint about the service attitude of 2 of your staff from the Toa Payoh Finance Branch, or whichever department that handles the transfer of car park.

Yesterday, 30 March 2010, at 3.15pm. I received a call from your staff with regards to my email to transfer address of season parking.

The female staff told me that my request is rejected, because I am not a resident, and therefore, I would not be able to transfer my season parking to TP64 group. I am residing at 470 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 #12-908

I ask her to put it under my wife's name, Tan Woon Whee Helena, who is residing at 200 Toa Payoh #08-1053.

When she did a check with my wife's IC, she found that my wife is also not registered as an occupant. Therefore, she reasoned that she could not transfer.

I understand this situation. I ask her,how is it that we were able to subscribe to a season parking under TP64 a few months back with the same car number? And why can't we do the same now?

She came back with the answer. "As you heard on the news, there is an overpopulation of vehicles in Singapore,
There is LIMITED slots, and we are giving priority to residents."

Fair comment. However, I do believe that this overpopulation of vehicles have been there for more than 6 months now. If you check TP64 carpark at night, cars have no space to park at all, leading to illegal parking. How do you justify giving priority now?

I then ask for the telephone number to AMK branch as I thought of trying transfer the parking there. She replied that she do not have it, and told me to call the 1800 line.

I wonder if that is acceptable for service staff to 'Not Know' and inconvenience the customer. This call lasted 10 minutes

2nd complaint.

I called the 1800 line, and tried to ask for the AMK branch number.

However, the service operator attempted to help me, hearing my situation. Unfortunately, it seems that she was unable to do so.

She offered to transfer the line, but instead of AMK, she put me back to Toa Payoh branch!

A different lady at Toa Payoh answered the call, without knowing the cause and origin of the call, she sounded more surprised that I was.

This lady, which did not say her name, heard my request and told me, "There is NO more vacancy at TP64 carpark"

Hearing this inconsistency, I voiced it out to her. She threw the question to me, "Who did you speak to?"

I have to admit, I did not pay attention to the first caller. She followed with, "You mean you don't know the name of who you speak to?"

This type of service attitude really infuriated me. Furthermore, she kept addressing me "Mister, Mister" without even asking for my name, although she had my IC number.

I was really put off by the service that I received from Toa Payoh Branch.

Is this the way service should be conducted, when we supposedly are putting in effort to servce like GEMS?

If that is so, then HDB Toa Payoh Branch has really taken 2 steps backwards.

In the end, my problem was solved when i called 1800 service line again, where a lady called Angeline attended to me.

Altogether, I spent 20 minutes on the phone, when my problem should have been solved in 5 minutes. Once again, is this efficiency?

In addition, did the staff offer me a possible alternative, like registering the car under listed occupants like my father and mother-in-law or my sister-in-law? Is it so difficult to be flexible and think out of the box, when so many customer service representatives have gather so many years of experience in handling customers?

As a concerned citizen and future HDB owner, I really hope that you could address this service lapse and remind staff that customers, come first.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally agreed!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My dad had experienced the same service attitude and answers as yours. Except that he went to see them face to face.

Anonymous said...

Queued more than 1 hr just to buy parking coupon....HBD Choa Chu Kang. Pay peanuts you get monkey

Parking with no safety said...

I park my car in the carpark and it was badly scratched at my side door . I seek HDB where is their camera in the carpark at upper boon Keng blk 13A ? It's so dangerous no camera at upper level. ? We pay so much but no protection at all .

Anonymous said...

How come u n your wife own 2 hdb flat? Some one should look into this first. No wonder prices are high.