Tuesday, March 13, 2007

old habits

History always repeat itself. Remember the time when mini-skirts, flare pants, aviator shades were in fashion back in the 60s & 70s? Well they faded but not too long ago they were all the rage again in the late 90s. Same thing for pedal pushers, thong sandals, big hoop earrings.

Remember when Rick Astley, Bananarama, Pet Shop Boys, Cyndi Lauper, Eurasure, etc. had their hits on the radio for the first time? They came back too, this time at the disco floor.

What I'm trying to put across is that sometimes, old things do come back in style. Old habits don't only die hard, they come back with a vengence.

On a personal level, I started to do many things that I used to do in the past, after a long break.

Here is a list that I used to do and the period that I stopped before resuming.

1) I used to read books (at least 3 years)
2) I used to listen to Japanese music (4-5 years)
3) I used to go gym (2 years)
4) I used to sing at the Karaoke shop (stop start for 6-12 mths in btw 5 years)
5) I used to blog ( 1 year of irregular period)
6) I used to swim ( at least 2 years)
7) I used to play Winning Eleven (3 years)
8) I used to frequent discos (2 years)

As you may have realised now that I have sort of continued my habits of above. Why the breaks in between? Well, there were many reasons to why I stopped doing them. Most of the time it was due to cash. I used to spend loads on money on imported Japanese CDs and at the Karaoke shop. After a while, I was stuck with loads of CDs and sleeping to the tune of Teresa Teng in my head. Now, I just download my Japanese songs from the Net. As for the Karaoke, I do it on payday now :-)

I used to visit the gym religiously, until an idiot landed on me during football, injuring my left shoulder and rendering it unable to do any weights and pushups for a while. Now, after such a long break, I am trying to pick up where I left off with great difficulty.

Sold my PS2 because I realised that I was hooked on playing this game called Winning Eleven every night. I have since returned to playing on PSP, as I have greater control over my 'dark' side. 'You have grown, young Padawan' said Obi-Wan

I stopped going to discos because my girlfriend doesn't like going to one initially. However, I think she has changed her mind now :-)

Started to blog again, this time on Blogger, as the blogging space in Friendster sucks. Reading up again as my brain cells are dying due to inactivity.

Maybe it's me, or maybe it happens to most people. Old habits do come back :-) what about u?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still do not fancy clubbing for that matter. You only catch me there once in a blue moon cos I don't like looking like a cooked lobster & screaming at the top of my voice in fren's ears. Also, I now realised it's extremely hard to concentrate on the road when you had a drink or 2. Terrible..